Comms Stacks

Hi Folks,

We've been using the eCos "Classic" :-) network stack for the past 18 months
on custom MPC860 based boards, and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile
moving to the lwip port contributed by Jani Monoses. As I don't want to
change just for the sake of change I thought I'd ask a couple of questions.

1. If we started using lwip would we need to make changes to any of our
application software that uses the normal socket level API calls such as
socket(), bind() listen() etc?

2. Are there any quantifiable benefits to using lwip in terms of reduced
footprint or reduced CPU usage?

3. Are there any limitations inherent to using lwip?

4. Does anyone have any experiences with lwip that they'd like to pass on,
either good or bad?

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff Patch