Re: Who's maintaining CVS

Peter Vandenabeele wrote:

So, the debate should really concentrate on the question: "do we have a formal proof that the employer/customer of the developer agrees on paper with the distribution under a Free Software license of this code or that it is not
a work-for-hire and the developer has all the rights to publish or execute
a Copyright Assignment." Or otherwise said, in many cases, we do not need the signature of the code developer, but of his boss/customer. The exception is when code is written in the developer's own Free time. However, in the embedded scene, there is quite a lot of professional development (work-for-hire), so we should be very careful here.
That is the reason for the company disclaimer as part of http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html

--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine