Re: Who's maintaining CVS

Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
[cutting a long story short]
> Do I understand correctly that for this special case (lwIP as an
> established project distributed by its Copyright holders under
> modified-BSD), Copyright Assignment to Red Hat is (as an exception) not
> required for inclusion in the main tree ?

Yes.

Any component of the "eCos port" however may be different. Essentially if there is code that _isn't_ already a part of the external project, it should either be contributed to that external project (for which that project takes responsibility) and included in its source base, or be contributed to eCos directly, meaning an assignment (ignoring the disclaimer approach for now).

We need the lines of responsibility for code to be clear.

--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine