Re: thanks for the support.

yes, all this i did on cygwin environment..(Windows 2000).
well, thanks for the mini-HOWTO doc..this was definetly very useful..
but, most of the problems i faced was in building the ARM GNU tools..

   well, one thing i noticed was sid installation required Tcl-Tk 8.3
libraries..
and since previously i had installed insight5.2..the sid installation was
not given
any problems..but later when i switched to insight 5.1..i couldn't install
the
sid, and hence i used the previous installed sid.this gave no problems..so
far.

        well, i could run the programs successfully both on ecos 1.3.1 as
well as
ecos 2.0..
my ARM GNU Tools are as follows:
binutils-2.10.1