RE: about makefile

Comments inline

Make sure the command in preceded by a TAB character, not just spaces - the
indentation above looks suspicious.

To quote the make guide:

"A command is an action that make carries out. A rule may have more than one
command, each on its own line. Please note: you need to put a tab character
at the beginning of every command line! This is an obscurity that catches
the unwary."