Re: red hat annoucement about eCos drop

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 03:02:04AM -0700, NavEcos wrote:
> On Friday 27 September 2002 12:41 am, patrickgeremia@netscape.net wrote:
> > I would appreciate if uou could name the companie working with eCos?
[...]
> I am sure there are others that support eCos directly as well, maybe they want
> to mention themselves?

Also mind.be. What we should do is make a simple page on a "vendor-neutral"
site (Red Hat is actually +/- vendor neutral for eCos at this time) and have
a list of all companies, with a 100 word description per company or so.

This will allow to divertu all these questions by reference to that page,
without overloading the list with semi-commercial info.

May I suggest to those members having write access to the ecos.redhat.com
pages to setup a link to such a page if this is considered a good idea ?

> I don't think there is any possibility that eCos will die out.  My company
> sees it as a viable replacement for vxWorks, and it's debugger is a dream to
> work with in comparison to the vxWorks GDB of 2 years ago.

Similar signs here. No chance of it dying in the short term. The number of
projects is increasing.

Peter
--
Mind: Embedded Linux, eCos and JVM Development in Europe
Mind (http://mind.be)              tel:  +32-16-30.96.66