Redboot console not coming

        Hi,
            I have only one, serial port in my board.  I am not getting
            Redboot> prompt on my console.  Assmuing my serial
            write routine, in hal_dial.c , can anyone help me in
            tracing for, no "Redbot prompt on serial console"  ?

            In simple words, the diag_printf function call is not
            working for me.  I believe, it is failing to call the
            cyg_hal_plf_serial_putc routine in hal_diag.c file.

            Any idea, where could be possible missing link ?

            Thanks in advance
            Vinayak