Debugging eCos using Insight/RedBoot over network

I am just starting with eCos and RedBoot so
I have some newbie questions.

I have an Cirrus 7212 on a edb7111-2 board.
I am working with sources pulled from CVS
27-Sep-02.

I have installed the pre-built RedHat RedBoot
image on the board.  I used fconfig to turn
off DHCP and configured a static IP.

(1) I can build TwoThreads.c using the eCos
libraries produced by the "default" template,
download, and debug.  It seems to run fine.

If I build eCos libraries using any "network" template
(I think configured to the same static IP)  I lose
my debug session early on in start up.

Any guidance on how to debug over the
same net you are trying to operate on?

(2) I dont seem to be able to build my own
RedBoot.  I saw some notes in the archives
from about a year ago and followed these
but no joy.  Seems pretty simple, select
the target, select the RedBoot template,
add some packages, set ROM execution,
build.

When I do this I dont see any traffic
on the serial port as seen with the
prebuilt one.

Any hints here?

TIA

Peter Dennett                     Email: pdennett@padsoft.com
61 Harbor Lane                  Web:  www.padsoft.com
Kemah, TX 77565               Web: www.boatbrains.com
Voice: 281 334 3800         Cell: 713 899 6100