Re: Debugging eCos using Insight/RedBoot over network

Thanks (Gary) this got me over a couple of humps.
I am now running "my own" RedBoot and
can build a "net" image, load, and debug it.

To build the RedBoot I did have to turn off
the link function.  Looks like the HAL code
has some code marked "Fix Me".

For my testing I have been using TwoThreads.
This now runs fine under my "net" config but
I cannot ping its IP.  I used static IP address
setups.  Do I have to do anything in the
application to bring up the interface?

I tried building the tests but the build
failed on undefines for setdomainname
and cyg_dns_res_init.

I pulled the ping_test.c into a test
directory and tried to build it but come
and this came up with the same problem.

It looks like I can turn off CYGINT_ISO_DNS
and get past this problem but I have not
learned how to do this yet...

My list of things to learn grows...

Peter Dennett                     Email: pdennett@padsoft.com
61 Harbor Lane                  Web:  www.padsoft.com
Kemah, TX 77565               Web: www.boatbrains.com
Voice: 281 334 3800         Cell: 713 899 6100