Re: Licensing of OpenSource code and eCos

Iztok Zupet wrote:
On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 20:43, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

The licence is very unlikely to change. It was difficult enough to arrange the current version! :-)

Very suitable for embedded use, anyway. But according to my talk with
FSF (about booting RedBoot from DoC, partly cc-ed to Jifl) they seem to
dislike the linking exception thus making it harder for the eCos
community to port fully GPL-ed code to eCos.
What we should probably set up at some point is a separate part of the website devoted to contributions which are fully GPLd. Maybe even a separate CVS module, although that is more difficult with the way ecos.db is structured.

We did choose the licence knowing full well that it would cause problems integrating GPLd code into the codebase, but at least *users* can use GPLd code.

--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine