Re: eCos build problem - wrong path for repository

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:36:26AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 04:47, Kristin Hofstee wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the tips.  Could you also point me to the most recent
> > stable version or non-alpha version?
>
> The current version is only labeled "alpha" for licensing reasons,
> not because there is a lot of new or untested code.  It's your best
> place to start.

This is still not entirely clear to me.

Some time ago I read on this list that version 2.0 was not yet ready
as a "stable release" (pity I can't find back that message). Also the
Red Hat side on eCos heavily points towards 1.3.x versions.

On the other hand, newcomers that downloaded version 1.3.x get the
typical advice to upgraded to the latest CVS version
(the most recent I could see is ecos-v2-alpha-snap-2002-10-14.tar.bz2
from http://www.ecoscentric.com/snapshots/).

So, my questions:
(a) what is currently the best version to start off for a
    "conservative/efficient" development ?
    (we used 1.3.x in the past and this worked fine, but now,
    the situation is not entirely clear to me).
(b) what is the schedule to move 2.0 to beta and stable releases ?

Thanks,

Peter