Hi,

I have made a program which should reside in The FLASH, but has to run from RAM (due to performance based issues).

The Problem is We have made the program "AutoStart" using BSL RomMOdule Utility.

I am new at assembly programming.
If I use Simple loading (TYPE 2) The program runs from the RAM but oncce the board is the switced off, The program doesnot start on it own.
Therefore I have tried the folowing methods.

1.) Use Scatter loading. It will have on root region in ROM and my main code will be in Mapped to RAM Using scatter loading. But then I cannot make the program "AUTOSTART" from bsl as the Linker ssymbols like Image$$RO$$Base etc are used in ROMMODULES Header but is undefined in Scatter loading.

2.) I have tried making a rough loader. It simply copies the Program from FLASH to RAM. The Loader it self shall run from the FLASH and will be "AUTOSTART" and pass the addrress of entry point of my main program now Copied in RAM in the PC.

This scheme , when tested in ADS1.2 Debugger , AXD works very nicely.
when run AS AUTOSTART from bsl It does copy the main program into RAM but cannot pass the control to ther main Program.

Where Am I going wrong. OR any new ideas on how do I make the the board to run my code from RAM after booting