Re: MPC555 kernel - newbie

Hi Sergio,

Concerning the tools, just follow the instructions for powerpc targets
on the eCos web pages.

You should also consider checking out the latest CVS of eCos. My mpc555
contribution has been integrated several months ago. Gives you the
opportunity to keep pace with the latest developments of eCos and
redBoot and makes it easier for others to help you when you encounter
problems.

Last but not least, its easier to get errors fixed if you start from CVS
than from some stand-alone tarball.

Regards,
Bob

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 12:49, Sérgio Duarte e Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run an ECOS kernel which can be found at
>
> http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555/docs/eCOS_mpc555.tar.gz
>
> The problem is when I try to use cc, cygwin (www.cygwin.com) can't find
> it. I've already installed all the libraries, but it doesn't work.
>
> How can I solve this problem, to use cc with cygwin under Windows 2000?
>
> By the way, which Ecos and Tools version should I use with this kernel?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sergio Duarte e Silva
> www.mlap.de
>

> --
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma