Re: Some questions

Gary Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 16:27, Agarwal, Lomesh wrote:

I am using RedBoot version 1.24 for Xscale.
So, I was wondering what is the current version of RedBoot?
What is the gcc version which I should use to compile RedBoot?
Depends. Some people use 2.95.x some use 3.x.

Is there a document which tells what has been added after version 1.24

We don't give version numbers (not like those at least) to RedBoot or eCos. I suspect that the version numbering was provided by Intel.
Actually Red Hat did for RedBoot only releases. Strictly it should have been R1.24 but sometimes the release engineer forgot the initial R (sigh!).

But the version numbers are pretty meaningless now. In future, for public net releases, the RedBoot number will be the eCos number. i.e. the next one will be 2.00. Eventually!

As for what's changed since that version was made, the answer is probably quite a lot.
If I remember right, that one was from about August 2001 - the RedBoot binary shipped with the release should have a build date which should also be an age indicator (although not necessarily accurate). So yes, a huge amount has changed. The cvs diffs would be pretty big. Comparing the redboot documentation now and then may give a better idea of overall high level feature changes. Use the docs at http://www.vsr.si/ecos for the moment though.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine