Re: Re: EB40 epk patch

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:12, Thomas Koeller wrote:
> Christophe,
>
> I removed from the targets all those packages that not all applications
> will want to use. For example, you may want to build a program that
> uses the flash as read-only memory and does never reprogram its
> contents. In this case, no flash driver would be required.
> If you want any of those packages, you can always add
> them to your configuration using ecosconfig.

There's really no need to do this.  As long as the FLASH driver
framework (CYGPKG_IO_FLASH) is not included, the low level drivers
won't even be built.  This is why we always include them in the
"target"s that we define.

> tk
>
> On Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2002 17:49, you wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I have installed your epk patch files.
> > I have just remove CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 package and then I have installed
> > your 3 epk file and applyed succefully your diff file without error.
> >
> > Now I tryed to understand where in the target EB40, I could choose the
> > flash device.
> >
> > the target is now :
> > target eb40 {
> > 	alias { "Atmel EB40 evaluation board" }
> > 	packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
> > 		   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_EB40
> >         }
> >         description "
> > 	    The EB40 target provides the packages needed to run eCos on
> > 	    an Atmel EB40 ARM evaluation board."
> > }
> >
> > before the target was :
> >
> > target eb40 {
> > 	alias { "Atmel EB40 evaluation board" }
> > 	packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
> > 		   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_EB40
> >         }
> >         description "
> > 	    The EB40 target provides the packages needed to run eCos on
> > 	    an Atmel EB40 ARM evaluation board."
> > }
> >

> > If I use your old patch and then the patch from Tim.
> > I have this :
> >
> > target eb40 {
> >         alias { "Atmel evaluation board (EB40)" at91}
> >         packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_EB40
> >                    CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_AT91
> >                    CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91
> >                    CYGPKG_DEVICES_WATCHDOG_ARM_AT91
> >         }
> >         description "
> >         The eb40 target provides the packages needed to run eCos on an
> > Atmel evaluation board (EB40)."
> > }
> >
> > target eb40a {
> >  	alias { "Atmel evaluation board (EB40A)" at91}
> >  	packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
> >                    CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_EB40A
> >                    CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EB40A
> >                    CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_ATMEL_AT49XXXX
> >                    CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91
> >          }
> >          description "
> >  	 The eb40a target provides the packages needed to run eCos on an Atmel
> >  	 evaluation board (EB40A)."
> > }
> >

> > Where do you include the flash device in your new target eb40 ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > Christophe
>

> --

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |