redboot and MIPS malta board

Dear all, here is my problem:

Firstly I am able to download the prebuild ECOSDIR/images/mips/malta/redboot_ROM.fl to my malta board, it worked, but just for a few minutes. Then I can't download it any more. It always gives me some wierd charactors, and all eight D28 LEDs are green.

I tried to rebuild, ( using the import configure file .../misc/redboot_ROM.ecm, and srecconv.pl -ES L -A 29 to convert), still, I can't download the result redboot.fl, and all D28 LEDs are green again. (but no weird charactors this time)

I remembered that I typed (SHIFT + 4) when redboot was working on my malta board. It is very strange that whenever I typed that, my malta board is dead and I have to reset it. After several times, the resetting is not working for me any more, and I even can't download any more.

Anybody gives some hint about this?

Thanks and appreciate your help,

Jimmy