Re: CVS docs PDF patch

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 03:17, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Of course since you can specify the exact size you want anyway, perhaps we
>   should just choose 210mm by 279mm :-).

That's the possibility I also thought of, but on the other hand, to make
things more exact, we could define two targets in the makefile, A4 and US.

> Just a warning to Iztok though: I doubt this will solve all the hbox
> problems. Many of them are simply because the lines are in some Docbook
> markup which indicates it's so verbatim the renderer can't introduce a
> line break even though it's reached the right margin. I kept having to fix
> problems like this before, and many unresolved ones still exist. The only
> alternative is to change the tag or manually adjust the line. Shrinking
> everything will ultimately work, but perhaps only once the font is teeny
> tiny :-).

I think that the hbox overflows smaller than a letter size are unnoticeable
and can simply be ignored. When the <PROGRAMLISTING> and <LITTERALTEXT> fit
well, the only noticeable overflow seem to be in some tables (visually).

PS: According to my tests the quality of pdfjadetex output is quite comparable
or even better (typesetting) then the one produced by Xmetal.

Iztok