Re: objcopy error in redboot makefile

Hi all

I got rid of the objcopy error reported earlier by assigning more memory to
redboot (16 meg of the 64 meg of the system) changing some of the names in
the memory layout to follow closely the details of the ocelot platform and
reinstalling a clean copy of the compile tools (ver 2.96 mipsisa32-elf) .

a new problem occured that i am at a loss to explain . This problem is
specific to the version 2 of ecos.
building support for the serial and ethernet works ok , ping works etc. So
does building serial alone. but building with serial and flash support or
serial , flash and ethernet does not work . they cause a crash at the very
beginning. There where no warnings or errors while compiling , linking ,
producing srecs

I reflashed the part with some srecords produced with the version 1.3.1 that
supported serial , flash and ethernet. Shure enough, redboot powered up
correctly and worked right . This eliminates the possibility of some
defective hardware.

The ecos version was from the cvs of oct 10th and I repeated the test with
today's cvs nov 14 th with the same result
I am not shure of the significance of the display but it seems to be an
address in the interrupt stack ???

Is it possible that something could be broken with the version 2 of the
redboot flash software : file system etc ?????

any help or suggestions are welcome

thanks

Henri

output observed when crash occurs:
+$T0b25:ffffffff80000000;1d:ffffffff80002bd0;#a4

extract from the map:

 .bss           0x0000000080001c80     0x1020
/ecos-d/cygwin/redbootdir/output/install/lib/vectors.o
                0x0000000080001c80                cyg_interrupt_stack_base
                0x0000000080002c80                cyg_interrupt_stack

the flash is an amd29f040