Re: Samsung S3C45xx Platform Porting

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:38:22AM -0800, Jay Foster wrote:

> I can either repeat the sin and create my new "platform" as a
> variant-platform merged thing as
> "packages/hal/arm/<my_variant-platform>, or seperate the
> SNDS100 code into proper variant and platform, and add my new
> platform there.

First, I aplogize for my sin.

> Such as:
> 	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/snds100		SNDS100 platform
> 	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/var			Common code
> 	packages/hal/arm/s3c45xx/<my-platform>	My platform
>
> This seems to model what is done in the sa11x0 variant directory.

That would be the best thing to do.

> Has anyone else out there already done this for the Samsung
> ARM?  I'm sure that there are others using the Samsung ARM
> processors, as I have seen posts about the SNDS100 developent
> board.  What have they done?

My two ARM products are separate "platforms", even though they
would be better described as variants.  Not the best solution,
but I haven't had time to do anything about it.

> My project doesn't really allow me the time to perform the
> SNDS100 platform Samsung variant seperation, nor do I feel
> competent enough with eCos and the CDL to do so.

Now you know how I felt when I committed the sin in the first
place. :)

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com