RE: ecosconfig (beginner question)?

Gary,

Thanks for the advice.

Ok, I downloaded ecos v1.3.1 and that appears to have a binary ecosconfig I
can run.

Am I right in thinking I can simply point it to the packages directory in
the later cvs version?

(i.e. can I run ecosconfig from ecos v1.3.1, but with ECOS_REPOSITORY set to
something like xx/yy/ecos_CVS/packages rather than
xx/yy/ecos-1.3.1/packages?)

I'd still be curious to know how to build ecosconfig from scratch? Any
pointers?

My final target is currently planned to be a PowerPC561 (No MMU and some
additional peripheral devices), but I'm still waiting on the h/w to arrive
and "ecosconfig list" shows a number of powerpc-based simulator packages
available.

Any advice on which one(s) I should run with in the meantime would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ian