RE: New revision of select() hangs my code

Okay, I tried Nick's test program and, of course, it worked fine on my setup
also.  So I did some more digging and have managed to home in on the problem
a little more.  I am not using POSIX threads in my app and I think this is
causing a problem for the new select() code.  Here is what happens in my
code:

1) My application spawns threads using the cyg_thread_create() function.

2) The new select() function calls the macro CYG_FILIO_SIGMASK_SET() on line
222 of select.cxx (v1.9)

3) This ends up calling cyg_pthread_sigmask_set() which tries to get a
thread pointer for the current thread via pthread_self_info().  This returns
NULL in my app.

4) cyg_pthread_sigmask_set() then goes on to de-reference the NULL pointer
in the following code:

	if( oset != NULL )
		*oset = self->sigmask;

It on the "*oset = self->sigmask;" line that my program "dies".  I have to
admit that I'm not sure exactly what happens at this point.  My simulator
continues to run and I don't get any errors, but my thread appears to
"hang".  I'm assuming that dereferencing the NULL pointer caused some
problem in the simulator, but it's not clear to me what happened here (did
the thread die or something?).

In any case, what should this code do when not using POSIX threads?  As a
side question, is it better to use POSIX threads or eCos threads in my app?

-- Dan