More eb40a redboot questions

Ok,

So I managed to get the eb40a target "think" it's happy. I found
Christophe's lists of what he did at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-10/msg00397.html and have
done the same thing.

This gives me an eb40a target to compile against.

However, I hit some snags. The first big one was that I haven't added the
external sram to my eb40a (leaving me with only the 256Kb on-chip sram).
This left angel very unhappy about loading to the external sram addresses.

So, I tried to add another build configuration (SRAM) to the eb40a target.
This attempts to be angel friendly by only loading code to 0x2000 to
0x20000. Everything seems to build and angel/gdb seem to be happy about
downloading it, but when I quit gdb and open hyperterminal, I don't get a
friendly redboot prompt. instead, for any key I press I get:

	"$T050f:403a0300;0d:00000000;#08"

What does this mean? Is this angel trying to tell me something (gdb seems
happy) or redboot?

I also tried to change the link addresses so that the image was usable by
the sram downloader (for this I should use the .bin output file?) by linking
to address 0x10000 but this didn't work. I'm not sure I set all the address
correctly though. I had .fixed_vectors set to 0x10000 and .rom_vectors
0x11000 - is this correct? When I downloaded this file absolutely nothing
happend (I did press one of the buttons to start it, but no response in
minocom).

So I guess I'm looking for three things at this point:

1. Is the process I used to create the eb40a target still valid with the
latest source tree or should I go back to 1.3.1?
2. Is what I did to make the sram configuration correct? (I did actually add
an redboot_SRAM.ecm and mlt_arm_at91_eb40a_sram.h/ldi - I can provide more
info on what I did here.
3. what does the output "$T050f:403a0300;0d:00000000;#08" mean?

Thanks much!

Shannon

P.S. I also saw that there are some newer changes for eb40a floating
around - if help is needed testing these let me know!