Re: More eb40a redboot questions

Ah, thank you! Stupid me had seen those emailsearlier and made a mental note to remember them when I got there (which I then forgot...).

Using cygwin, I get an access denied error if I do target remote com1, but if I run insight in non command-line mode (I'm using 5.2.1) it can connect.

I was able to get registers, but no backtrace or disassembly. Played around some more and it took down my whole win2k box (ultimately I want to get my dev system working on osx, I may just switch to linux first though).

Is there a simple way I can catch redboot before it crashes? To do this it would seem that I'd need to set some form of breakpoint that is hit once the redboot gdb stub as taken over?

I guess the other thing if figure out ow to get gcc/ld to give me a link map.

Any hints would be appreciated - hopefully - I can pay you all back someday soon with contributions rather than questions.

Shannon