RE: Capacity problem?

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 09:03, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> A more detailed description about how i cause the problem to occur:
>
> 1. Flash the SW to the board.
> 2. Let the board be totally unconnected for 20 min
> 3. Turn on the power. I can see that the sw starts up and it is wating
> for some commands on ethernet.
> 4. I issue a ping -n 65000 x.x.x.x And the board says "out of mbufs"
> after 2 ping...!
> 5. I download the exact same code by my BDM to RAM and then disconnects
> the BDM. Note that i haven't executed the downloaded code.
> 6. I dissconnect everything and prepares for a flash boot.
> 7. I turn on the power and everything works fine - i can download a
> heavy amount of data.
>
> How can this happen...?

Obviously the BDM is setting some configuration register that your
eCos startup code isn't.  Check into exactly what the BDM touches
on the hardware before downloading the code.  Then make sure that
your startup code does the same.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc