Re: Question About Macros: CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_INTERRUPT_SIZEand CYGNUM_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_STACK_SIZE??

Qiang Huang wrote:
> Hi all:
>    The macro: CYGNUM_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_STACK_SIZE  is normally defined
> in vector.S for defining the stack to be used while processing the
> interrupt(nested interrupt) if seperate interrupt stack is needed.  but what
> is  macro CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_INTERRUPT_SIZE for? and how can I calculate it?

That's completely unrelated. It's the amount of stack used by taking an
interrupt, rounded up if need be. Look at the various architecture HALs
for examples.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> BTW CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_SIZE_MINIMUM and CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_SIZE_TYPICAL are
> related to CYGNUM_HAL_STACK_INTERRUPT_SIZE, what are those used for?

Minimum is meant to be the minimum stack size you can get away with to get
into a C call frame from a thread; with no stack variables defined.
Although HAL developers have (incorrectly) tended to make these values too
high.

Typical is a suggested reasonable stack size for a smallish app. It has no
meaning beyond that, and is primarily only used by eCos tests for expediency.