From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: Mark Salter <msalter@redhat.com>
CC: gary.thomas@mind.be, imdeveza@hotmail.com,ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:52:07 +0000

Mark Salter wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 04:53, matthew de veza wrote:

we've been testing an ecos target with the tahi test suite and the tests which involves autoconfiguration of global addresses seem to all be unsuccessful. i would really like to find out if the global address autoconfiguration feature/stateless address autoconfiguration feature which was ported from freebsd to ecos has been fully ported and is robust and functional. can anyone please help me?

This patch cleared up a lot of TAHI failures for us:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-08/msg00078.html

AFAICT, all of our patches are in the public CVS.
Thanks for checking that.

From a report on the test run:
   IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration

  Originally failed tests should now pass.  Reason: new
  ipv6_routing_thread does not emit unexpected packets.

  Exempt tests: #21-#30, #54-#56
  Reason:  Not applicable: Infrastructure missing, no 'ifconfig',
  'route' or 'setkey' utilities, so even in manual mode, boot-time
  config is not possible in eCos.
Ah, I didn't remember/know there were exemptions. At a guess the autoconfiguration stuff must be one of those, but I'm sure Matthew will say if not.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup