RE: Can anybody compare...

One other point, you mention a comparison to uCOS,
by which I assume (correct me if I am wrong) MicroC/OS
as written be Jean LaBrosse. MicroC/OS requires a
right to use payment (read $$$) in order to use it for
commercial purposes. It is a very reasonable charge
compared with other commercial OS, but a charge none
the less. Yes, you get all the source code, but the
same is true with Inferno, ThreadX, Precise, and others.
These all require a license fee or a subscription,
and are deemed to be copywrited, so your rights to
distribute the OS are limited. There are fewer limitations
with eCos as far as distribution. The trade off is a
practical limitation to a single tool distribution.

Douglas Fraser
dfraser@photuris.com
732 465 1000 x1231
Photuris, Inc.