RE: Axiom CMD561 - BDM debugger recommendations please

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 14:52, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2003, Bob Koninckx wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:57, Ian Gilmour wrote:
> >
> > > Ok. I'm going to bite the bullet and get a BDM debugger to help me out here
> > > - I'll definitely need it when I come to bringing up an in-house board in
> > > the future anyway.
> > >
> > > So - any recommendations (target MPC561)?
> > >
> > > Anyone had any experience with the Abatron BDI1000/2000?
> > >
> > > Any others I should consider?
> >

> > If your development platform is linux, _don't_ go for the macraigor
> > wiggler. I made this mistake and ended debugging using two PC's, one
> > running linux and gdb and another which runs NT and connects to the
> > target via the wiggler. Needless to say that this involved writing a
> > _lot_ of "gateway" software (which I can not release, sorry) on the NT
> > box before it worked.
>
> Bob,
>
> Have you (or anyone else) tried the LibRemote package with Linux? See the
> bottom of this page:
>
> http://www.ocdemon.com/OCDemonLinux.html
>
> I haven't, but I'd be interested to hear from others. It sounds as though
> if the LibRemote package can make your Wiggler appear (to gdb) as though
> if it's a attached to an ethernet cable.

No I haven't. But if I read the page correctly, it is only meant to work
for their raven product and _not_ with the wiggler. I did not see any
libremote for powerpc either.

Anyway, Macraigor seems to be very reluctant about linux. I suggested
once to write a linux driver for them if they could provide me with the
specs on the parallell protocol they use. They did not even answer ... I
suppose they have very tight agreements with providers of commercial
tools.

Bob

> Scott
ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma