Re: Problem spawning a thread in Ecos

Nikhil R. wrote:
Hi all,

We have a problem spawning a thread in Ecos using Uitron calls.
We have created our own package to run on ecos. We r also using the Uitron
compatibility package. From the constuctor of our package we make a call to
cre_tsk. The call fails. [snip] /*
* This function is invoked by constructor of the mnet_class
* instance. This class is defined in ecos/init.cxx.
* when the stack is brought up. This function spawns a IPv6
* background thread.
*/
By donig this in ecos/init.cxx the constructor is run at the priority of the networking subsystem. This will be before the uitron subsystem is initialized. This is probably because down the road uitron may acquire networking functions so it would need to be that way round.

Define your own constructor in the same way as ecos/init.cxx but give it default priority.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine