RE: ecos license question.

I'm not sure about that, but let's say we let out option 3 for binaries.

> But how does the user know? How do the people trying to
> enforce it know from the outside, even seeing the binary?

Well, you should receive the license with the binary I guess. Isnt that what
the license says. Anyway same thing goes for eCos license. How do you know
the binary is under eCos license or GPL license? And does it really
matters....

> > And I believe that in any case you're entitled to the eCos
> source code.
>
> Not with the MPL. If you change something, then someone might
> be entitled to those changes, but that someone isn't necessarily
> you :-).

Gah? If _I_ change something _I_ may not be entitled to those changes ?

My point was that if I receive a binary, I'm entitled to the eCos source
code that is inside the binary no matter what license the binary falls under
(I believe MPL section 3.2 says that). One things that differ may be the
means you get the source. When I get that source code I get it in one of the
3 options, as the distributor choose.

> Anyway, as I said, for better or worse this discussion is largely
> academic.

Right... lets go back to work...

Thanks