Re: FW: eCos: synthetic target

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:04:45PM +0300, Rybkin Vladimir-avr101c wrote:
> Hi all, please help me,
>

> my scope is building and lunching eCos on eLinux platform on iPAQ
> device (StrongArm 1110).

So you want to run eCos as a linux process, on a iPAQ running Linux?

The first question i have to ask is why? eCos runs native on
iPAQ. What do you want linux there for? This setup is going to make
your life hard.

> I choose 'synthetic Linux' target build,

The synth target only works on i386 based architectures at the
moment. To make system calls into the Linux kernel, you need some
assembly language. This is obviously not portable.

If you really want to get this setup working, take a look at
hal/synth/i386linux/current. You need to write equivalent code for
armlinux.

          Andrew