Re: building the ecos library

paape@Hi-Techniques.com wrote:
Hello,
I've recently purchased Anthony Massa's book on eCos and am
trying to build the library from the included CD.  I had a 1.3.1 version
loaded on my system just for the cygwin tools but I believe that I have
effectively disabled them (prior to installing from the CD).  I have loaded
the pre-configured i386 compiler, etc. from the CD as well as the eCos
repository. I have selected the i386 PC target but didn't modify any of
the preset configuration.  The build yields the following:
[snip]
cpp: heapgen.tmp: No such file or directory
make: Leaving directory `/ecos-c/ecos/ZFmicro/i386_build'
cpp: Warning: `-x c' after last input file has no effect
make[1]: *** [heapgeninc.tcl] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Has anyone else seen this?  It looks like compilation flags are the problem
but I don't
understand why.  Any help please?
The tools are not relocatable - they expect to be in the same directory as they were built for. Have you installed them in whatever /tools is in cygwin? (Usually c:\cygwin\tools).

If not you can cheat and use the cygwin mount command to point /tools at wherever they are installed. If you don't know how, tell me where your cygwin is installed, where the tools are installed and I'll tell you what command you should use.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine