Re: CRC check on serial comm to redboot

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:53:08AM +0100, Magnus Ekhall wrote:
> Does redboot perform some kind of error check, such as CRC, on the file
> received via TFTP?

Nope. It relies on the UDP checksums to ensure each packet is correct,
and a sequence number to ensure it gets each packet.

> I'm having problems when I use a serial cable to upload my elf-file to my
> target. I keep getting what seems to be random Illegal Instructions or
> Segfaults. Is it possible that an erroneous file transfer can cause this
> without redboot being able to notice it?

Im confused here. You say serial port, but was asking about TFTP
checksums?

One thing to check is your memory map. Are you sure you are not trying
to load the application into the same memory redboot is using?

   Andrew