Re: option X_TLOSS error.

    Giovanni> On my machine (RedHat 8.0, gcc 3.2) the output obtained is:

    Giovanni>  Start_ptr 0x8048480, end_ptr 0x804849a, *end_ptr 0

    Giovanni> What is the problem?

Unknown. The message "Invalid floating point constant" is only
generated in one place (host/libcdl expr.cxx, line 795), and only if
the call to Cdl::string_to_double() fails. The function
Cdl::string_to_double() (host/libcdl cdlmisc.cxx, line 363 onwards)
has not changed for years, and there have not been any previous
reports of problems. According to your output, Cdl::string_to_double()
should also be working on your machine.

Since I cannot reproduce the problem, I am afraid you'll have to debug
it yourself. This will involve rebuilding the eCos host tools from
anoncvs source, see the README.host file at the toplevel for
instructions. Once you have built your own ecosconfig complete with
debugging information (and assuming the rebuild does not somehow solve
the problem), you can put a breakpoint on Cdl::string_to_double() and
find out exactly what is going on.

Bart