Re: compiling code using posix functions.

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:17:17AM -0800, Chaitanya Vakkalanka wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am on windows XP. Actally, I'm
getting similar errors (Invalid token in expressions)
even when I use the ecc file given in the CD that
comes with the book. I'm really confused why this is
happening. About line ending..I'm writing no
code..just using the file given in the examples. I

M$ uses CRLF, Unix systems only use LF. Now, the C standards say that
nothing can follow a \ at the end of a line. For native M$
filesystems, you get a CR after the \. Thats your invalid token. Now
cygwin can translate these CRLF to LF. You have to tell it to do this
when you mount the filesystem. Go read documentation about this.
Just to help a bit more, you have to use the cygwin "mount" command specifically to mount the locations of those files in "text" mode. In fact "mount -t c:/cygwin /" might just work if you have installed in c:\cygwin. Check the output of the mount command before and after.

eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine