Re: using ecosynth ?

you mean the doc in
devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/current/doc/ ?
this describes what you need to do in great detail

If you have already correctly configured and built rawether and the auxiliary
you can start your ecos app passing it the --io argument
like this if you built the tests in you synth target build dir
install/tests/kernel/..../testname --io
you need to have TUN device configured in your kernel (builtin or module)
in order for rawether to work

And I used the command line ecosconfig but I think configtool allows you to