eCos port of ARX Xscale almost completed memalloc problem

To whom it may concern,
?
Hi we have a port of ecos for the Xscale processor almost ready but we are
facing a problem quite difficult to find a solution for.

We have basically taken the IQ80310 eCos hal and copied it. Then generated a
new target xxxx which basically uses the same 80200 processor and same
memory layout (0xa0000000 - 0xa2000000). We have support for serial port and
therefore get diagnostic outputs.
?
However the board is hanging before ecos entry point (cyg_user_start) is
reached. We have debugged that (in invoke_constructors) and found that it
was hanging at:
.text._GLOBAL_.I.47000.cygmem_memalloc_heaps
??????????????? 0xa103e3c8?????? 0x18
............/lib/libtarget.a(services_memalloc_common_heaps.o)
?
So in order to isolate the problem the CYGPKG_MEMALLOC_MALLOC_ALLOCATORS
component was disabled and then ecos initialised fine, getting up to ecos
entry point.
?
However in order to carry on with our port we require the memalloc package
to be included in our ecos configuration. We have checked memory layouts,
and heap generation but still cannot find any problem.
?
Any suggestions are welcome?
?
Thanks in advance