Re: Problem with running application

Satyanarayana D.V. wrote:

We have implemented protocol stack and trying to integrate with eCos. We
have modified Ethernet driver (i82559) and trying to load as part of our
application. This application is trying to initialize hardware and
terminating before it proceeds further. We are yet to setup debugging
environment.

Setting that up would be one obvious way to progress. It shouldn't be that difficult for an existing port - just a case of establishing some basic channel, unless you're implying that ethernet is the _only_ I/O channel available.

Or if there's some other complication, but diag_printf works, then just debug it the old-fashioned way :-).

My question: Since Redboot has already loaded driver (i82559), how to replace
that driver and install our driver? Is there any better approach than
replacing driver.

Clone the driver and make your configuration point to that instead of the i82559 driver. Or just hack up the existing 82559 driver if this code is solely for the use of your application - it hardly matters. So just do whatever works, although you might want to consider visible code quality a little considering that under the GPL you will be distributing the source code to eCos with your product, so your customers will be able to see :-).