Re: Loading using serial cable

Nikhil R. wrote:
Hi All,

We tried to load an application thru the serial cable at the Redboot prompt.
We connected our i386-pc target's COM1 to our Linux hosts COM1(/dev/ttyS0).
We tried the following command at the Redboot prompt to do so. "load -v -m
xmodem <filename>". we tried the same with ymodem. We got the following
output:

CCCCCCCCCC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Can't load <filename>:Timed out.

Can anyone help us as to how to load using serial cable?

How quickly do the Cs come out? There should be one every two seconds or so. Some builds have been known to have a broken timer delay so it times out too quickly.

Are you sure you are sending the file via x/y-modem correctly in your terminal application? You also have to make sure you start sending it quick enough before it times out.