Re: Stepping problem with GDB

George Sosnowski wrote:

After playing around with gdb a little more, it seems that after
stepping and printing values out, and then trying to continue, some
threads to do not appear to continue running when they should. It seems
like things in the threads or gdb is flaky and maybe getting corrupted.

To be honest, I'd be more suspicious of some simpler issue, like your chosen thread priorities, whether other threads could have hit the breakpoint (breakpoints are *not* per-thread by default), etc.

So I was wondering if there were any requirements or guidelines on
memory for the gdb server, such as stack size. My application code is
pretty big with a lot of symbols (elf file size 9.2MB and bin 2.2MB), so
I'm not sure if step processing or print processing on the server needs
memory, or is this all done on the client? If this a server side thing,
would the adjustments need to be made in redboot, ecos app, or both?

Shouldn't make any difference at all, although if you want some reassurance make sure you have assertions enabled (enable CYG_INFRA_DEBUG)... although that will mean an even bigger binary ;).