Re: Evaluator 7T: using Redboot syscalls

Mark Salter wrote:
> [...]
> > When I launch the program gdb sigtraps:
> > [...]
> > I suppose the reason is that I am using a wrong RedBoot image and
> > thus I'll have to re-build RedBoot with the option you mention above
> > (something which does not sound straightforward at first glance...).
>
> Add:
>
>   cdl_component CYGSEM_REDBOOT_BSP_SYSCALLS {
>       inferred_value 1
>   };
>
> to your redboot_{ROM,RAM}.ecm file.

I first downloaded ecos 1.3.1 source code but discovered that it has no
code for RedBoot inside.
Then, I downloaded ecos from the CVS repository and performed the
following steps:

- building and installing ecosconfig
- configuring in redboot build directory:
  $ cd $REDBOOT_BUILD_DIR
  $ $ECOS_ROOT_DIR/configure --prefix=$REDBOOT_BUILD_DIR
- creating in $REDBOOT_BUILD_DIR a file redboot_ROM.ecm containing
  the above 3 lines for newlib syscalls
- configuring ecos for building redboot:
  $ ecosconfig new e7t redboot
  $ ecosconfig add flash
  $ ecosconfig import redboot_ROM.ecm
  $ ecosconfig tree
- building redboot:
  $ make
  Here, I get an error because my arm-elf-gcc was not built for C++
  support ! So, I re-build and install arm-elf-gcc with C++ and then
  try again to build redboot.
  Now, compiling memchr.cxx in
  $ECOS_ROOT_DIR/packages/language/c/libc/string/current/src fails
  with the following error message:
  .../memchr.cxx:71: `
     void* memchr(const void*, int, long unsigned int)' defined both
     normally and as an alias
  make[1]: *** [src/memchr.o.d] Error 1

The declaration at line 71 which causes the erreur is:
externC void *
memchr( const void *s, int c, size_t n )
   CYGBLD_ATTRIB_WEAK_ALIAS(__memchr);

Any idea about what I am doing wrong or else what I can try to avoid the
problem ?

Pierre
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre dot Habraken at imag dot fr
Tél: 04 76 82 72 83 - Fax: 04 76 82 72 87
IMAG-LSR BP72 38402 SAINT MARTIN D'HERES Cedex