Re: Question about building reboot on RedHat 8.0 system using ecosconfig

That has fixed the problem, but now the makefile
doesn't run.

After first modifying the ecos.ecc file to use
powerpc-linux instead of powerpc-eabi as the command
prefix I was able to at least get gcc started on the
first file.  But still the compile chokes on the first
file.  Now it can't find a file, ppc_offsets.inc:

make -r -C hal/powerpc/arch/current
/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/install/include/cyg/hal/ppc_offsets.inc
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/hal/powerpc/arch
/current'
powerpc-linux-gcc -msoft-float -mcpu=860 -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototyp
es -Winline -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2
-ffunction-sections -fdata-secti
ons -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc
-finit-priority  -I/home/lgagne/ecoscv
s/ecos/buildout/install/include
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc
/arch/current
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/src
-I/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/powerpc/arch/current/tests
-I. -Wp,-MD,
ppc_offsets.tmp -o hal_mk_defs.tmp -S
/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/pow
erpc/arch/current/src/hal_mk_defs.c
cc1: unrecognized option `-Woverloaded-virtual'
cc1: unrecognized option `-fno-rtti'
cc1: unrecognized option `-fvtable-gc'
cc1: unrecognized option `-finit-priority'
make[1]: ***
[/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/install/include/cyg/hal/ppc_off
sets.inc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/buildout/hal/powerpc/arch/
current'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Is there a reason the COMMAND_PREFIX is always
specified as powerpc-eabi?  I'm assuming this is just
another platform specific compiler like the linux
version is.

I was not expecting the initial build process to be
this onery as I have followed the directions spelled
out in the RedBoot Users Guide very carefully.  I was
expecting more trouble actually making the code
changes that will implement the specifics of the
target HW.  I have tried to start by first compiling
one of the "known" configurations, then when I feel
comfortable with it to then try and make my changes.
Is this the right approach?

Thanks,

Lou

--- Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com> wrote:

/home/lgagne/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/devs/serial/powerpc/quicc/current/cdl/ser_qui