Re: build problem with CVS tree downloaded, & PPP needed

Rajeev Kandregula wrote:
friends,

thanks for the prompt response to my query

Problem 1:

i have tried to install ecos using cvs download, but it gives me this error while building:

XPWD=`pwd` ; cd /ecos-e/ecos/packages/services/memalloc/common/current/src ; sh heapgen.tcl \"/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_install\" \"$XPWD\"
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current\'
couldn\'t read file \"/ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heapgeninc.tcl\": no such file or directory

At a cygwin bash prompt, can _you_ read /ecos-e/ecos-work/one_build/services/memalloc/common/current/heapgeninc.tcl ?

There's meant to be a build rule (although you can't see it) to build this with:
make -priority 50 {
heapgeninc.tcl : <PACKAGE>/src/heapgen.cpp
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDE_PATH) -Wp,-MD,heapgen.tmp -E $< -o $@
@sed -e '/^ *\\/d' -e "s#.*: #$@: #" heapgen.tmp > $(notdir $@).deps
@rm heapgen.tmp
}

in the CDL. Do you see the "arm-elf-gcc .... -E ..../src/heapgen.cpp -o heapgeninc.tcl" line in your build output? Any errors after that point?

i am in great need of PPP for ecos and i dont have the resources to pay a huge amount to anyone or get it developed in time for my project.

so if any one has developed PPP support for ecos, or has even tried to,

It's planned by eCosCentric, but similarly without funding it's not going to be done in any hurry.

i request you to please help me, even links to freely available PPP stacks will help,
i will return the favour whenever possible.

Since we have a FreeBSD networking stack, the PPP code from FreeBSD may be the best starting point. But from what we've already done to scope it, it's not far the faint-hearted.

those willing to only sell their services are requested to send me their price and the time they will require to deliver the product.

If someone has already contacted you from eCosCentric, you can listen to them instead of me - I'm wearing the "responding to public mailing list posts" hat right now :-).