Re: New flash chip driver for SST39VF160

Andy Hare wrote:
Hi,

I have built a small AT91 based board and have used an SST39VF160 flash
device as the main program storage. I also have built a version of RedBoot
that functions on this device and built a new driver for the SST device.
This functions through the fis interface of RedBoot. The new device has been
added to the eCos directory structure as per other flash devices. I would
like to offer it to the eCos team as another supported device but do not
know how to go about this. Do I need to get a copyright assignment form sent
to who ?

Yes you do unfortunately. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html still has the correct details.

Or can I just post a zip of the changes to the patches mail list.

When the assignment is sent, yes :-).

The code is based on code for another device with only minor changes.

That's probably true, but it doesn't take many changes before an assignment is required really.

Where do I go from here to put this into the free domain ?  I also have a
new AT91 type device for my board but this is dependant upon the new AT91
re-organization and so I guess that you do not want this currently, at least
not until after you have accepted the re-organization into the CVS.

You could submit it anyway, but for the sanity of generating a patch you may want to wait. The AT91 changes are going in soon (yeah, I know).

You can find details of my hardware for those interested on my web site
address given below.

Include this URL somewhere in your platform HAL so people know! Either CDL, header files, or a README in the doc directory.