RE: Problem running redboot from eb40a

Wilson,

I had the same problem on my EB40A.  I just got it working yesterday.  Angel
is actually loaded into the upper end of SRAM on the board, so the download
overwrites this location.  What I had to do was change the mlt files in the
include/pkgconf directory.  The mlt_arm_at91_eb40a_ram.h and .ldi file
specifically.
I made the following changes to the .h file:
CYGMEM_REGION_sram_SIZE from 0x20000 to 0x2000
CYGMEM_REGION_ram from 0x20000 to 0x2000
CYGMEM_REGION_ram_SIZE from 0x1e000 to 0x3e000

And to the .ldi file:
sram LENGTH from 0x20000 to 0x2000
ram ORIGIN from 0x20000 to 0x2000
ram LENGTH from 0x1e000 to 0x3e000

Change the SECTION_rom_vectors (ram, 0x20000, ...
to be SECTION_rom_vectors (ram, 0x2000, ...

You should then be able to build RedBoot.
Once you have the redboot.elf file, just run "arm-elf-gdb redboot.elf"
At the gdb prompt (assuming ttyS0 is the serial port you're using):
(gdb) target rdi /dev/ttyS0
(gdb) set $cpsr=0xd3
(gdb) load
(gdb) cont
Then hit ^Z and bring up minicom or whatever terminal program you have, set
up the port speed, etc correctly, and you should have a RedBoot> prompt.

There may be a better way to do this.  I haven't been tinkering with eCos
for very long.  This at least got me started.

Getting a ROM version was another struggle.  Let me know if you want help
with that.  There are some tricks due to the way the flash driver is set up.
Just be very careful not to write over the lower section of the flash unless
that's something you really want to do.

Good luck!
-Tim