Re: PDF documentation available?

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:38:14PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
> > The getting started page at
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html says
> >
> >   "Full documentation is available online in both HTML and PDF
> >   formats."
> >
> > But I can only find the HTML versions.  Are PDF versions
> > available somewhere?
>
> Right now http://www.vsr.si/ecos maintained by Iztok is your
> best bet for PDFs. But not all is well with the PDFs, primarily
> with overflowing line lengths, and although Iztok's put them up
> he's just set the issue to one side (which is fair enough).

Thanks for the link.

HTML would be fine if it were available in a single file.
Searching/skimming is just too painful when the document is
split up into 300+ files.

> I'd like to get this resolved for 2.0 final. Not sure if it
> will be or not. IF it's not resolved for the final we'll
> certainly change that web page.

Wish I knew enough about docbook to do something about it.  I
tried once but never even got to the point where I could build
PDF or HTML from the SGML sources. OTOH, that might end up
being one of those skills one regrets acquiring.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi dot com