Question about Instrumentation? Thanks

Hi all:
   I just tried to use kernel instrumentation in ecos. I have a question:
Seen from the source code in "instrmnt/meminst.cxx", In function
"cyg_instrument( )" it just record the time stamp by reading the clock as
"HAL_CLOCK_READ( &p->timestamp );", but the system clock is running forever
and roll over when it reach the limits, so through the whole program the
clock may have already been roll over some times so how can I interept the
time stamp recorded by the kernel instrumentation? probably a later
instrumentation will have the time stamp less than the earlier one? so how?
Am I wrong somewhere?

Thanks a lot.

qiang