Re: Docs in PDF (make)

Iztok Zupet wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to make the PDF docs in the most consistent way...

Does anybody know why the command (on Linux) produces erroneous output file? The command would be usefull to simplify the building of the PDF version of the reference guide and cdl guide.

convert -crop 0x0 -density 150 x150 xxx.gif xxx.png

When the output file is opened with the gimp, the gimp complains about the resolution error.

The resolution of 150x150 in PDF is required, so that the resulting picture size is the same as the one in HTML output.

I would guess that gimp complains because it mismatches the screen resolution. OTOH looking at View->Info window in GIMP for the image, it shows a res of 72x72, and if use that for convert, even that's wrong!

I suspect it's the GIMP playing up with _any_ resolution setting in the PNG. Both XV and mozilla have no problems.