Re: malloc initialization problem

sensitron medical wrote:
Forgot to mention that I am using ecos2.0. I am in the
process of testing 1.3.1.

My malloc does not fail if the size of the heap is
exceeded; I can malloc indefinitely. I traced this to
the constructor (see below), which is where I believe
the heap size is set (is this true?). Here's the
constructor for memvar.cxx instrumented with two
globals (caSize and caBase) that I can examine with an
emulator after the construtor executes:

Not necessarily. CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE is only used when there is no "heap1" section defined in the platform's linker script. If heap1 is defined, that will be used and the fallback value ignored because it is exactly that - a fallback.

So my guess is that that is where the value is coming from. If the value is incorrect you have to fix your platform's memory layout.