Re: configuration for malloc

paape at Hi-Techniques dot com wrote:
hello,
I'm attempting to use malloc in my i386 configuration.  The call always
returns zero.
If I enable 'asserting', I see the following at startup:
ASSERT FAIL:
<1>mvarimpl.inl[184]Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation::Cyg_Mempoo
l_Variable_Implementation() heap too small
ASSERT FAIL: <1>mvarimpl.inl        [ 184]
Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation::
Cyg_Mempool_Variable_Implementation()                           heap too
small

As per another mail just sent to the list, the fallback value isn't used if there is a heap1 section in the linker script. If you have one it will be used in preference and if the value it is using is wrong it is because the memory layout for your platform is wrong.